Founded in 1855, Lone Fir Cemetery is a 30-acre cemetery listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Its southwest corner was once dedicated to the burials of early Chinese workers and unnamed Hawthorne Asylum Patients. Memorials to both groups are included in the new design. An entry sign and informational kiosk frame the main pedestrian entry into the cemetery and the Early Chinese Workers Memorial. This memorial includes a seeping stone wall, a Chinese funerary burner, and a series of stone sculptures. The Asylum Patients’ Memorial includes interpretive artwork, a shallow reflecting pool, and the original Hawthorne Asylum bell. The two memorials are connected by a historically inspired trellis with benches.